Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cleo the Cat Goes to Pet Blessing at St. Anne's


I had such a great time at the pet blessing at Saint Anne’s Catholic Church today! I had fun socializing with all the dogs, and there were some other beautiful cats there as well as a hamster, parrot, and turtles. My brother Clarence was going to go with us, but he ran off so Lily went. She did well on her first social outing!

Fathers Jay and Bill did a really nice ceremony saying how important us animals are, and all the humans sang for us! I chimed in a little bit, but the dogs really carried the tune!

They had some contests, and I won best costume (I went as a dog in a dress)!

I talked to Father Jay about how cats might be more comfortable having their own blessing, and he agreed to a special blessing for just us felines! Stay tuned for that!

So, in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi Day (October 5), here’s a prayer for all animals: Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless these pets. By the power of your love, enable them to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures. Amen.

Prayer of Saint Francis:

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light, and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive –

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I say ME-OW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment